Establishing a relationship with God
The fact is, many do not know why they are here and what they are here for. They are living a meaningless life, simply existing. There is more to live for than merely satisfying the physical and even intellectual needs of the body and mind.*
The God who created you fully expects you to live your life for a higher purpose than just pleasing yourself. He wants you to glorify Him. The Bible says these words, “so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 15:6).*
You are so important to God that He invites you to have a personal relationship with Him. The Bible tells us that God has a wonderful pupose for each and every life. That purpose begins with experiencing God's love - and at that moment - being made into the image of God's Son, Jesus Christ. You and I were created to bear the image of Jesus Christ and to make the truth of God known to all men.*
*Text excerpted from “7 Wonders, Life's most basic questions” Copyright © 2003 Partners in Ministry, used by permission.
Why do we need to be saved?
- Man's universal problem: All have sinned “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)
- The penalty of sin: Death in Hell “For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- Man's false hope: Good works will save me “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Salvation is a free gift: “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- God's faithful promise: YOU can be saved! “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
How YOU can be saved
- You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you need a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. We are born in a state of sin (Psalm 51:5), and we commit acts of sin (Romans 3:23)
- You must understand that as a sinner you are on you way to eternal torment. Confess (agree with God about) your sins. All will be judged (Romans 6:23), and the judgement has been fortold. (Revelation 20:10)
- Repent of your sins (turn from sin to God). Be able to say to Christ, “I believe that you are God; I believe that you came to earth, lived a sinless life as perfect man, died on the cross, and rose from the dead for me and my sins.” Jesus Christ was and is God (John 10:30), and Jesus Christ was and is the ONLY sacrifice that could or can bring us to righteousness with the Father (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Ask the Lord God Jesus Christ to be your personal savior saying, “Jesus I believe that you died for my sins. I accept you as my personal savior. Please take me and use me as you see fit.” An intellectual belief does not constitue saving faith, but a heartful belief does (Romans 10:9-13)
- Turn over your life to Jesus and let Him be your Lord. Realize, “Once saved; always saved.” God's promise is for eternal life, and everlasting love...that can't be lost or taken away! (John 3:36)
Call a christian friend or pastor and share what God has done with your life. It's important to draw closer to God through His people, so to better experience His great works. Together, we are the body of Christ. If you've just made this most important decision, or have questions, please contact us at Grace Bible Church, or your own local church.